(5 Jun 2021) About the job:
The Associate Director, Teaching Services and Academic Engagement (STEM) is part of the Library’s senior management team and leads staff in the delivery of high-quality teaching and research services to academic staff and students in the Science, Engineering, Medicine and Health disciplines. In this high-level strategic and proactive role, the Associate Director is responsible for creating opportunities to build networks with stakeholders to deliver contemporary Library services, represents the Library at appropriate UNSW research, learning and teaching committees and leads planning and reporting for the unit. The role is also responsible for the coordination of resource selection in the STEM discipline areas.
About the successful applicant:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and positively manage and lead people and teams in a changing environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with a range of stakeholders and capacity to engage effectively across UNSW.
- Substantial experience in planning, delivering and evaluating high quality library services relevant to academic and research staff.
- Sound experience in project management, with particular emphasis on stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant library systems and educational technologies and their application in the higher education sector.
- Sound understanding of scholarly communication practices, including disciplinary differences.
- Sound experience in collection development, especially in an academic or large research institution.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and answers addressing the selection criteria (Skills and Experience) in the position description. Please apply via the UNSW website – https://external-careers.jobs.unsw.edu.au/cw/en/job/502017/associate-director-teaching-services-and-academic-engagement-stem