(1 Nov 2023) Turnitin, a leading provider of technology solutions in academic integrity, today announced the launch of iThenticate 2.0 and a newly redesigned Similarity Report across its core integrity products. iThenticate 2.0 checks more than 14 million documents annually and is used by over 1500 top publishers globally to screen scholarly works and manuscripts against 97 percent of the top 10,000 cited journals. The new Similarity Report preview will be enabled for all iThenticate 2.0, Originality Check, Similarity and Originality customers, providing actionable insights for faster, targeted feedback that support academic integrity.
iThenticate 2.0 – Significant updates to iThenticate 2.0 create a more seamless user-experience, including:
- Access to AI Writing insights: supports identification of AI-generated text, helping users preserve the integrity of high stakes content. Following the free preview, AI writing insights will be available with an upgraded license.
- Updated Similarity Report: helps the research community to focus on specific forms of research misconduct, including text recycling and redundant or duplicate publication.
- Enhanced collaboration features: enables research teams to create user groups that work together fluidly, providing access to carefully selected file sets and folders throughout the review and editing process, and expediting multiple rounds of approvals
- Improved exclusion capabilities: refines exclusion capabilities, allowing reviewers to dynamically discount different matches within a writing submission to produce a more precise and accurate similarity score.
- New flags panel: helps identify deliberate text manipulation, such as replaced or hidden characters that may have been used in an effort to bypass similarity algorithms.
Find out more from the announcement in full here.