(21 Sept 2020) The University of Adelaide is hiring Special Collections Manager:
Great opportunity with this exciting position to lead a GLAM team of collection experts to preserve and document the unique and diverse collections of the University for the benefit of students, staff and the wider community.
If you have a strong background in cultural collections including rare books or archives, and the ability to conceptualise and implement effective collection documentation programs to support access and discovery, this is your dream job! This leadership role will plan, coordinate and deliver programs across rare books, archival, manuscript, art and heritage collections including Object Based Learning opportunities and promote collections as an integral part of the University’s learning, teaching and research programs.
To be successful you will need:
- Proven ability to lead teams, contribute to effective change management and positively influence and model exemplary leadership to develop a high performing culture.
- Experience in curating, managing, preserving and providing access to archives, museum collections, rare books or other special collections based on current theory and best practice.
- Able to respond to emerging and competing priorities and the aptitude to understand current trends and issues in relation to collection management.
- Knowledge of risk and rights management issues as they impact on collections, including copyright, cultural sensitivity, privacy, confidentiality and ownership.
- Experience using digital platforms to curate, promote and share collection materials.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs – including significant industry, government and community collaborations – offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work’s cutting-edge nature – not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour – provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
The full job description can be found here.