(25 February 2019) The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library seeks a service-oriented and forward-thinking professional to provide leadership and expertise in the acquisition and management of primarily electronic resources. The incumbent will also coordinate collection development activities. He or she will be part of a lean team, working collaboratively to deliver timely access to information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
- Develop and implement collection strategies and initiatives for the provision of access to, and assessment of, electronic resources, digital content and other formats.
- Acquire, license, order and manage electronic resources.
- Work with staff and stakeholders on the evaluation of new and existing resources, and other collection strategies-related activities.
- Work with publishers, vendors and aggregators to resolve problems related to orders and renewals of electronic resources.
- Oversee resource description, discovery and access activities.
- Establish policies, best practices, procedures and workflows for the management of the lifecycle of electronic, digital and print resources, and ensure operational efficiency and compliance with University policies.
- Prepare, analyse, monitor and report on budgets, collections and usage data, including vendor performance.
- Perform collection development, reference and other liaison activities for assigned subject areas.
- Provide research assistance and instruction. May involve evening/ weekend virtual desk shifts.
- Create and maintain assigned online research guides and web content to support student research needs.
- Promote information resources through the Library’s digital engagement platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate trends and developments relevant to academic libraries, particularly in the areas of electronic and digital collection management and assessment, acquisitions and digital publishing, and recommend best practices for a digital-first library.
- Lead and/ or participate in library-wide initiatives and projects. Participate in the development and provision of library services.
- Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Other accountabilities or duties as assigned by Director, Digital Library Services (University Librarian).
- Master’s degree in library science or information management.
- Recognised degree.
- 5-7 years of experience in acquisitions, serials and electronic resource management, and collection development as well as the provision of library services including instructional, reference/ research support and outreach services, preferably in an academic library.
- Proficient in library management systems and electronic resource management systems and related technologies including link resolvers and usage data standards.
- Knowledge of cataloguing/ metadata standards and protocols, copyright, and digital asset management.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively supervise, mentor and train staff.
- Ability to work independently as well as foster teamwork and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Ability to take a user-centred approach in the provision of access to electronic resources.
- Ability to thrive in an evolving work environment.
- Keen interest in emerging library and digital trends and technologies.
Applicants are requested to submit their resumes via SUSS website at
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
For the full job description and to apply, please see here.