(1 Feb 2024) About the role:
As Librarian, Teaching & Research, you will work as part of an integrated team of librarians who provide advice, and support in the delivery of strategic teaching projects and priorities to teaching staff and RMIT’s education delivery programs.
In this role, you will support the development, and implementation of a range of discipline-based projects that builds the capacity of teaching staff to develop students’ academic skills through the develop and delivery of micro-credentials, reading lists and curation, open educational resource and blended learning projects.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Understanding of the teaching, learning and research environments within the higher and vocational education sector and the role of a modern academic library
- Understanding of instructional design principles and online pedagogy
- Experience with technologies and tools that deliver e-learning content
- Experience in the design and delivery of digital literacy/research skills programs
- Understanding of at least one of: open educational practice; curriculum uplift projects; copyright or reading lists initiatives
- Experience in the development of learning objects to support the learning needs of students and staff
- Experience working within a project-based environment to deliver strategic outcomes
- High level communication skills with a demonstrated ability to undertake presentations and discussions in a public forum
- Proven ability to work independently, deliver solutions, use initiative, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
The job description in full can be found here.