Here’s the complete list of Ruth’s Rankings and News Updates on Librarylearningspace.com:
- Introduction: Unwinding the Web of International Research Rankings
- A Brief History of Rankings and Higher Education Policy
- Bibliometrics: What We Count and How We Count
- The Big Two: Thomson Reuters and Scopus
- Comparing Times Higher Education (THE) and QS Rankings
- Scholarly Rankings from the Asian Perspective
- Asian Institutions Grow in Nature
- Something for Everyone
- Expanding the Measurement of Science: From Citations to Web Visibility to Tweets
- Do-It-Yourself Rankings with InCites
- U S News & World Report Goes Global
- U-Multirank: Is it for “U”?
- A Look Back Before We Move Forward
- SciVal – Elsevier’s research intelligence – Mastering your metrics
- Analyzing 2015-2016 Updated Rankings and Introducing New Metrics
- The much maligned Journal Impact Factor
- Wikipedia and Google Scholar as Sources for University Rankings – Influence and popularity and open bibliometrics
- Rankings from Down Under – Australia and New Zealand
- Rankings from Down Under Part 2: Drilling Down to Australian and New Zealand Subject Categories
- World Class Universities and the New Flagship University: Reaching for the Rankings or Remodeling for Relevance
- Flagship Universities in Asia: From Bibliometrics to Econometrics and Social Indicators
- Indian University Rankings – The Good the Bad and the Inconsistent
- Are Global Higher Education Rankings Flawed or Misunderstood? A Personal Critique
- Malaysia Higher Education – “Soaring Upward” or Not?
- THE Young University Rankings 2017 – Generational rankings and tips for success
- March Madness –The rankings of U.S universities and their sports
- Reputation, Rankings and Reality: Times Higher Education rolls out 2017 Reputation Rankings
- Japanese Universities: Is the sun setting on Japanese higher education?
- From Bibliometrics to Geopolitics: An Overview of Global Rankings and the Geopolitics of Higher Education edited by Ellen Hazelkorn
- Hong Kong and Singapore: Is Success Sustainable?
- Road Trip to Hong Kong and Singapore – Opening new routes for collaboration between librarians and their stakeholders
- The Business of Rankings – Show me the money
- Authors: Part 1 – People and processes
- Authors: Part 2 – Who are you?
- Come together: May updates lead to an investigation of Collaboration
- Innovation, Automation, and Technology Part 1: From Scholarly Articles to Patents; Innovation, Automation, and Technology Part 2: Innovative Companies and Countries
- How Important are Journal Quality Metrics in the Era of Predatory Journals? Part 1: Journal Citation Metrics; Part 2: How Important are Journal Quality Metrics in the Era of Potential/ possible/ probable predatory publishers and publications?
- Coming Attractions: The UN Sustainable Development Goals and Times Higher Education Innovation and Impact Rankings Demystified
- Business School Rankings: Monkey Business for an Asia/Pac audience
- Deconstructing QS Subjects and Surveys
- THE’s University Impact Rankings and Sustainable Development Goals: Are these the most impactful universities in the world?
- Predatory practices revisited – misunderstandings and positive actions
- ASEAN – a special analysis of ASEAN nations
- What’s the best university for an international student? Part 1: Metrics from the student’s perspective; Part 2: Using local metrics with emphasis on U.S. and Chinese rankings
- Insights into TOP Factor: Journal impact reimagined
- Part 1: Insights into Journal Evaluation Tools in the Age of Open Science; Part 2: Scholarly publications’ landscape in the age of COVID-19 including early access, preprints, and retractions
- Part 1: Hunting for New University Rankings Metrics; Part 2: The Quest Continues for New Ranking Metrics for Universities
- How Green is my University? Part 1: Ranking green universities: new metrics and new leaders; Part 2: Country and Company Environmental Rankings add new sets of Indicators to our Vocabulary
- A comprehensive overview of rankings, higher education policy, and geopolitics: Research Handbook on University Rankings: Theory, Methodology, Influence and Impact
- The business of rankings updated
- Part 1: Gender rankings: New metrics, new names at the top; Part 2: Gender rankings: Roles and rankings of women’s universities
- East Asian universities in print and in rankings, and Special Report: Russia and Rankings: Statements from members of the rankings supply chain
- Beyond SDGs: QS releases its world sustainability rankings and Addendum – The expanding role of universities: examples and recommended alternative rankings
Ruth’s Rankings News Updates 2015 –
9-2015. QS Asia puts NUS First
2-2016. Ancient university rankings
5-2016. Updated Rankings and Government Initiatives [Leiden, THE Reputation, India]
8-2017. ARWU 2017: The more the merrier.
10-2017. End of the 2017 cycle [U.S. News Global and National Taiwan University Performance Rankings of Scientific Papers]
2-2018-1. THE Asia: Reshuffling the same deck
5-2018-2. QS Subject rankings and THE’s new releases-Japanese Universities and the Arab League
6-2018-3. Top News from THE and QS updates.
8-2018-4. ARWU Inclusion Increases
10-2018-6. The Last of the 2018 Ranking Releases
11-2018-7. Researchers, Subjects, and Regional Rankings
6-2019-4. QS 2020 offers little to write about
NAME CHANGE to NEWS UPDATES
8 -2020. ARWU World and Subject Rankings