(12 Sep 2019) During the 2019 Beijing International Book Fair (BIBF), IGI Global was showcased as a leading publishing house within China at the China National Publication Import and Export Corporation’s (CNPIEC) “Tribute to Technology Development” event, which took place on August 23, 2019 in Beijing, China.
Ms. Yvonne Li, Managing Director of IGI Global’s Subsidiary China office, and Mr. Nick Newcomer, Senior Director of Marketing and Sales, were keynote speakers at this event and outlined IGI Global’s innovative and rich content, IGI Global’s China office, and future directions of the international academic publisher’s collaborations within China, including:
- IGI Global’s newly established China office.
- IGI Global’s new fully translated China website extension and WeChat Account.
- IGI Global’s 8,000+ authors and editors that are contributing to IGI Global’s expanding portfolio of 5,300+ reference books and 185+ scholarly journals.
- IGI Global’s Open Access Fee Waiver Initiative, which is providing an additional source of OA funding through the InfoSci-Databases
With additional speakers from China Mobil and CNPIEC, this event was attended by an exclusive number of Chinese universities, public and academic institutions, CEOs and Presidents within academic publishing, as well as notable Chinese press. Headlines from leading press included:
- China Library Weekly: “The three parties work together to promote development and promote reading promotion and scientific and technological progress – “Easy Reading Platform Technology Development Gifts” was held in Beijing”
- ScienceNet.com: “Yiyoutong platform technology development and ceremonial activities held in Beijing”
- People.cn: “Yiyoutong platform technology development and ceremonial activities held in Beijing”
- CNPeReading: “The three parties work together to promote development, promote reading promotion and technological progress”
For more information regarding IGI Global’s attendance at BIBF, IGI Global content, or IGI Global’s InfoSci-Databases, visit IGI Global’s China website here.