(29 Apr 2021) Job Title: Assistant Librarian (Research & System Support) / Manager (Research & System Support) (PR0300/20-21)
Hong Kong Baptist University Library now seeks an enthusiastic, out-going, and organized individual to join the Digital and Multimedia Services Section as Assistant Librarian (Research & System Support)/Manager (Research & System Support). The successful candidate will:
- oversee the implementation and ongoing development of the Publication Module and Research Portal of the university’s Integrated Research and Information Management System;
- represent the Library on the university’s committees, as well as local and global user groups;
- lead the development of the library’s scholarly communications program by promoting campus awareness, providing professional support, and organizing educational activities for issues related to copyright, research metrics, alternative metrics, open access, and electronic theses and dissertations;
- oversee the implementation and ongoing development of the library’s eJournal publishing platform, which hosts electronic journals directly published by the university and facilitates peer-review process;
- assist in the development of the library’s research data services by assessing research data tools and organizing training and workshops for faculty and students on data curation and data analysis;
- assist in other areas of the section that include digital scholarship; and
- participate in the library’s reference services. Shift duties are required.
Applicants should have (i) a good university degree with a recognized professional qualification in library and information science (MLIS or equivalent) OR a Master’s degree relating to computer science or information systems; (ii) 2 years’ post-qualification and relevant experience in universities; (iii) sound knowledge of and practical experience in training provision, digital system development, research and publication ecosystems, copyright clearance, major coding systems and/or major data software (such as Python, SPSS, NVivo, GIS, etc.); (iv) strong written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese; and (v) collaborative spirit in working with the university community and library colleagues.
The Library may appoint the suitable candidate with a post title different from what they have applied for to suit its operational needs.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of 3 years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Post title and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications will start on 24 May 2021 until the position is filled.