(11 Sept 2020) The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong now invites application for the following position:
Assistant Librarian I/II (Collections and Technical Services) – Library (Ref: AL I/II-CTS (LIB) 2020-09-11)
- lead collection development activities including assessment, selection and deselection of library materials in all format;
- liaise with faculty members to provide support on curriculum development and programme validations;
- review and develop library strategic plans and collection development policies;
- assist with acquisitions of library materials and bibliographic control;
- provide collection statistics reports and analyses; and
- perform shift duties at reference desk.
- possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience with supervisory responsibilities;
- have knowledge of collection assessment and management;
- have experience in academic liaison with faculty members;
- be familiar with bibliographic standards such as AACR2, RDA, LCSH, MARC21; and
- have excellent planning, organizational and communication skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, and on weekends. Applicants with work experience in the higher education sector will be an advantage. Applicant with less years of experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Librarian II.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Office, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 10 October 2020. Please indicate the post applied for and mark ‘Application – Confidential’ and the reference number on the cover. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The original job posting is here.