(22 August 2018) Following a successful first ever live stream in 2017, IFLA’s World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) will be live streamed again in 2018. This time, you will be able to access nine of the biggest and most popular sessions and get the latest on IFLA’s key initiatives to build a stronger and globally united library field.
IFLA Secretary General Gerald Leitner said:
For the second time, IFLA will live stream parts of the of the World Library and Information Congress, and we will deliver it to you without any cost. As IFLA always wants to grow, to improve, to become better, our offer is much better than last year. We will give you the chance to participate at nine sessions: the five most popular IFLA sessions and four very important sessions of the Professional Units. This will allow you to get a taste of the conference, and to participate from everywhere in the world.”
The WLIC 2018 live stream offer includes IFLA most popular sessions:
- Opening Session (Saturday 25 August from 10:30 – 12:00 GMT+8)
- IFLA Highlights Session (Sunday 26 August from 08:30 – 09:15 GMT+8)
- IFLA President’s Session (Sunday 26 August from 09:30 – 12:45 GMT+8)
- IFLA Global Vision Session (Sunday 26 August from 13:45 – 15:45 GMT+8), and
- Closing Session (Wednesday 29 August from 16:00 – 17:30 GMT+8)
But this is not all – IFLA will be offering even more
For those who can’t make it to the Congress, you will also be able to watch a selection of key WLIC 2018 sessions organised by IFLA’s Professional Units online live. The time doesn’t work for you, or you’re in another session? Not to worry – you can also watch the recordings later.
In an excellent learning and development opportunity, you will get the chance to hear the latest about major challenges faced by the library and information profession, directly from the experts.
The sessions selected this year are below – pick your favourites or watch them all!
- “From Data to Advocacy: Using Digital Tools Like the IFLA Library Map of the World to Communicate Your Library Stories”, by the Statistics and Evaluation Section (Saturday 25 August from 13:45 – 15:45 GMT+8),
- “Intellectual Freedom in a Polarised World” by the IFLA FAIFE Advisory Committee (Sunday 26 August from 16:00 – 18:00 GMT+8),
- “What’s Up with eLending?” organised jointly by the eLending Working Party and the Public Libraries Section (Wednesday 29 August from 08:30 – 10:30 GMT+8), and
- “Win-Win: building strong education, training and continuing professional development together with strong library associations” co-organised by the IFLA Management of Library Associations, Education and Training, and Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning Sections (Wednesday 29 August from 10:45 – 12:45 GMT+8).
Follow IFLA WLIC on social media and our WLIC 2018 website for further live streaming announcements and details. Connect with us and join us from wherever you are!
To access the live streaming just access this playlist in YouTube and select the session, or check our Facebook page on the date and time indicated above. No registration is required.
The announcement is here.