(18 June 2016) The 2015 Journal Citation Reports® (JCR) from Thomson Reuters reaffirm that ACS journals are again the most cited and/or impactful in 14 scientific categories, including 6 core chemistry categories.
Key highlights from the data include:
- ACS journals are #1 in Impact Factor or citations in 6 core chemistry categories: Analytical, Applied, Inorganic & Nuclear, Medicinal, Multidisciplinary, and Organic.
- The Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS) received over 500,000 total citations and has achieved its highest-ever Impact Factor of 13.038.
- Two-thirds of the 46 ACS journals featured in the report had a JCR Impact Factor of 4.0 or higher, with a portfolio median of 4.820.
- ACS journals were cited more than 2.76 million times in 2015, up 6% from 2.6 million citations in 2014.
- New ACS journals ACS Photonics and Environmental Science & Technology Letters, eligible for review by Thomson Reuters for the first time, received strong inaugural Impact Factors at 5.404 and 4.839, respectively.
These data underscore the depth, breadth, and quality of the research published by ACS journals. Check out the new numbers at http://connect.acspubs.org/jcr