(Jul 2021) About the job:
The Associate Director, Digital Experience and Innovation is responsible for ensuring that the Library delivers innovative, user-focused and high-quality digital infrastructure and experiences to the university community.
The Associate Director, Digital Experience and Innovation deals extensively with UNSWIT, the Division of External Engagement (DEE) and a range of technology vendors and user communities to deliver positive outcomes.
This role will ideally suit a people focused leader with significant digital library services experience. More specifically you will have:
- Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience. Extensive management expertise and supporting experience in the management of library application software and integrated library management systems is highly desirable.,
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of design thinking, human-centred design and user-experience research methods.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of integrated library management systems and the trends and developments in library technology systems.
- Strong consultation and planning skills with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of interpersonal skills to engage effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders and engage effectively across UNSW.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and positively manage and lead people and teams in a changing environment. Experience in Agile methodologies, and ability to lead and develop an Agile team.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate service level agreements with software vendors within the context of a large academic library or equivalent organisation.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
For more information and to apply, see here.