(17 May 2019) UNSW Library Australia is hiring Associate Director Teaching Services and Academic Engagement.
About the UNSW Library
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities. There are three library sites including Main Library and Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library as well as a close working relationship with the Academy Library – UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA).
The Associate Director, Teaching Services and Academic Engagement (HASS) leads staff in the delivery of consistent high-quality teaching and research services to academic staff and students in the Humanities, Creative Arts, Social Sciences disciplines including Law and Business. The Associate Director is a high-level strategic and proactive role that leads the planning and allocation of resources for the unit and identifies opportunities to build networks with stakeholders to deliver innovative Library services. The role is responsible for leading the coordination of resource selection in their discipline area and represents the Library in appropriate UNSW research, learning and teaching bodies. The Associate Director works with Academic Engagement Team Leaders to analyse and evaluate services to ensure they continue to be high-quality and highly valued.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and positively manage and lead people and teams in a changing environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with a range of stakeholders and capacity to engage effectively across UNSW.
- Substantial experience in planning, delivering and evaluating high quality library services relevant to academic and research staff.
- Sound experience in project management, with particular emphasis on stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant library systems and educational technologies and their application in the higher education sector.
- Sound understanding of scholarly communication practices, including disciplinary differences.
- Sound experience in collection development, especially in an academic or large research institution.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system.
Please address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: Monday 10th June before 11pm.
Megan Saville, Director, Teaching Services and Academic Engagement
P: 9385 8055
The original job description can be found here.