(20 Sep 2019) University of Otago is hiring University Librarian, with the job description as below –
With the upcoming retirement of the present University Librarian, a unique opportunity exists to lead the ongoing development of seven on and off-Campus libraries. The University Librarian is responsible for the strategic direction of library services, ensuring that services operate efficiently and continually evolve to meet the needs of the University, its researchers, staff and students.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Success in a senior role within a University or research-based Library.
- Academic credibility with proven success in leading transformation of Library services.
- An understanding of international trends and best practice in academic librarianship.
- High calibre leadership, engagement and relationship skills.
- Effective financial management and reporting skills.
- Support for ongoing development of IT platforms that assist in making information discoverable and accessible.
Applications for the role close on Thursday, 31 October 2019.
The full job description can be found here.