(2 Jul 2021) About the opportunity
The Manager Site Services coordinates and develop services and facilities available at the assigned Library sites to ensure that they support students, staff and the community with access to quality services and resources that enhance the learning, teaching and research experience. The job holder will collaborate with the Associate Director Site Services to investigate and initiate new client focused services. They will provide oversight and management of local collections, with the Collections Policy Manager, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Manager Site Services who has:
- demonstrated capacity for communicating and assisting a diversity of clients with a demonstrated commitment to quality customer services
- an understanding of how technologies, including social networking tools, can be used to engage with students and researchers and support their connecting with each other
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level interpersonal skills and the ability to cooperate with others to achieve operational objectives
- an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the provision of learner centred information and research support
- demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and improve team performance through mentoring and provision of staff development opportunities.
- an understanding of the Australian higher education sector and the provision of innovative information services
- evidence of improved personal, team and operational effectiveness
- demonstrated ability to identify new and emerging technologies and to assess and implement new and emerging technology solutions and initiatives that assist the learning, teaching and research needs and improve the quality of the library services.
Closing time: 11:30 pm, 17 July 2021
The job description in full can be found here.