(30 Nov 2021) About the opportunity
- Full time continuing role
- Develop new and effective ways of collecting, analysing and utilising data to identify opportunities to improve and develop the University library services
- Support Library planning and reporting including strategy development and implementation
- Base Salary $109,663 + 17% superannuation
The primary function of the Manager, Innovation and Planning is to support robust corporate data and information management, accompanied by effective analysis and reporting to inform and support strategic planning, decision-making and the management and development of client-focused Library services, frameworks and practices.
The Manager, Innovation and Planning will develop new and effective ways of collecting, analysing and utilising data to identify opportunities to improve and develop Library services integrating data from sources across the business as appropriate. The position makes recommendations to the University Librarian and other senior Library managers for the implementation of programs that could involve operational process improvements impacting not the University Library but also on other areas of the University’s operations. It supports the development and implementation of business process reviews, providing strategic support and advice that involves knowledge of a range of Library and University policies, requirements and procedures to achieve successful outcomes.
The position manages a small, specialised unit within the Division which requires significant innovation, initiative, lateral thinking and judgement.
- demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and improve team performance through mentoring and provision of staff development opportunities
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and build internal and external collaborations and partnerships
- strong analytical, influencing and problem-solving skills to support the successful implementation of programs and initiatives
- broad knowledge of the higher education sector and/or the information needs of the academic community
- project management experience and expertise, including delivering according to established timelines
- demonstrated experience in compiling data from diverse sources and systems to create meaningful and accurate information for management decision support.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, 6 December 2021
The job posting in full can be found here.