(31 Mar 2022) About the Job:
Bring your outstanding team leadership experience to drive innovation and continuous improvement in the delivery of progressive, client centric library services at The University of South Australia.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director: Resources and Technical Services, the Manager: Library Services is responsible for mentoring and motivating an academic Library team to successfully support the research, teaching and learning aims of academic units as well as responding to campus specific priorities.
The position represents the Library through effective liaison at a range of committees throughout the University and leads essential projects for researcher, academic and student success. The position is a core member of the Library Management Group contributing to and operationalising the Library’s strategic goals.
- Manage, lead and motivate the Library Services staff to meet strategic targets through recruitment, training, documentation, process improvement and performance planning and management
- Contribute as part of the management team to the strategic planning of the Library
- Formulate and lead the Library’s response to drivers and initiatives in higher education
- Monitor and evaluate collections and their usage to ensure teaching and learning needs are met
- Ensure that the Library Services staff are aware of strategic directions of the University, academic units, and Research Centres
Applications close: 11:30pm Thursday 21 April 2022
The job description in full is here.