(9 Mar 2021) The University of New England (UNE), Armidale is a regionally based, globally networked university that is renowned for the quality of its student experience and the excellence of its research specialisations.
About the Role
The Manager, Library Research Services provides leadership in the development, management and delivery of the Library’s services to researchers and Higher Degree Research students, as well as services and operations relating to the Library’s role in the management of research outputs in the University. This is aligned with the strategic directions of the University to ensure the changing demands, needs and expectations of the University research community as well as the University’s research reporting requirements are met. This role works very closely with Research Services in the development of outreach programs and reporting capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Completion, or progress towards completion, of postgraduate qualifications in library and information services/management;
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association;
- Ability to lead and coach an effective and innovative team;
- Outstanding self-management, initiative and ability to respond positively to a rapidly changing work environment;
- Understanding of the research reporting and funding environment for higher education institutions; and
- Expertise in operational planning, policy development, project management and establishing new services and associated evaluation.
For enquiries relating this this role please contact Blanca Pizzani, University Librarian via [email protected] or on 02 6773 1992.
Closing Date: Midnight, 22 March 2021
The full job description can be found here.