(13 August 2018) The SMU Libraries invites dynamic, creative and service-oriented individuals to apply for the position of Senior Research Librarian, Law/ Research Librarian, Law.
You will be part of an innovative and collaborative team, delivering high quality services as the first line of contact to assist SMU faculty, staff and students in meeting their research, teaching and learning needs.
The primary focus of this position is to be the liaison for faculty and students from the School of Law and related programmes. You will work in a team environment to create and develop innovative library products and services for the SMU community and to pro-actively promote initiatives and programmes of the SMU Libraries through engagement.
- Master degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized university.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in law or related subject area.
- Knowledgeable about specialized law databases such as LawNet, Lexis and Westlaw and multidisciplinary academic databases.
- Adaptive in the use of current technologies for the delivery of information services and advocacy.
- Ability to design, deliver and evaluate information literacy training programmes relevant to individuals and groups at different levels.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and contribute to a diverse team of staff in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with the faculty, postgraduate/undergraduate students and program staff of the School of Law to support their research, teaching and learning needs.
- Develop, communicate and promote library services for the School of Law.
- Create, conduct and coordinate learning programs in collaboration with faculty.
- Work across departments to develop and manage the Library’s print and electronic collections to support legal research.
- Evaluate and assess products and services for targeted user groups, in particular the SOL.
- Lead and/or participate in library wide initiatives and projects.
Details about the position are available at https://library.smu.edu.sg/sites/library.smu.edu.sg/files/library/pdf/CareerAd/JD_RL_Law_2018.pdf
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please email your resume with a covering letter to [email protected]. The covering letter must state the applicants’ responses to the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 13 September 2018.