(20 Oct 2022) About the job:
- Develop and implement innovative user-centered services at the library space for the SUSS community.
- Develop policies, guidelines and procedures for service desk operations and circulation services.
- Oversee and manage the user and access services at the service desk. This includes planning for manpower, training, supervision and rostering of temporary staff (students and part-timers).
- Oversee circulation, resource sharing requests, requests for inter-library loans and reservation of resources and handle all inquiries related to such requests.
- Plan and organize the library’s physical resources for easier access and growth. Also oversee shelving, stock taking and weeding of collection.
- Provide guidance to users on the use of physical spaces, resources and equipment such as media kiosks, borrowing stations, discussion rooms, scanning stations and others. Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and a pleasant environment is provided for our users.
- Collate relevant data on user and access services and monitor trends and suggest new ideas for a better user experience.
- Resolve and troubleshoot all matters related to user and access services and oversee the feedback received and the escalation of complaints and incidents.
- Perform duties at the service desk which includes handling of user inquiries, request for loans and reservations and library membership.
- Plan, schedule and organize regular events, exhibitions and workshops at the library as well as coordinating library tours for external visitors.
- Plan, develop and manage the publicity and promotion of library events, resources and services, and oversee all digital notices and announcements in the library.
- Provide research assistance and other onsite and online library services and operations as required. Will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Oversee and manage the operations of the library space to ensure a safe and secure environment for all users.
- Create and maintain online research guides and other web content for assigned subject areas to support student research needs.
- Provide reference and research support as well as library instruction programs to students, faculty and staff.
- Create FAQs and other information resources related to user services.
- Lead and or participate in library-wide initiatives and projects.
- Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Perform other departmental or organizational accountabilities or duties as necessary or assigned.
More details can be found here.