(4 Oct 2022) The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library seeks a resourceful, self-motivated and service-oriented individual to acquire and manage primarily electronic resources. The successful candidate will also provide curricular and research support and resource sharing services as well as assist with collection development and resource discovery. Reporting to the Senior Manager, he or she will be part of a lean team, working collaboratively to deliver timely access to information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
- Develop and deliver acquisitions and fulfillment services for the provision of access to print and electronic resources, digital content and other formats.
- Source, evaluate, select and curate information resources for purchase, subscription/licensing, renewal and facilitated access. Assist with collection development and maintenance activities.
- Work with publishers, vendors and aggregators and other stakeholders to configure platform settings and resolve problems with orders, subscriptions, licenses, invoices and inventory.
- Carry out acquisitions-related financial and rights administration, including creating, loading and maintaining vendor, fund, license and other related information in the library management system.
- Serve as administrator for content platforms. Analyze, monitor and report on resources and collections.
- Create and maintain documentation of policies, guidelines and procedures for the acquisitions, management and fulfillment of electronic, digital and print resources, and ensure operational efficiency and compliance with University policies. Provide training to staff as required.
- Provide research assistance and other onsite and online library services and operations as required. Will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Create and maintain online research guides and other web content for assigned subject areas to support student research needs.
- Identify and evaluate emerging trends and developments relevant to academic libraries and higher education, particularly in the areas of acquisitions and electronic resources lifecycle management, resource sharing, and recommend best practices for a digital-first library.
- Lead and/ or participate in library-wide initiatives and projects.
- Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Perform other departmental or organizational accountabilities or duties as necessary or assigned.
The job description in full can be found here.