(1 Apr 2021) The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library seeks a self-motivated, innovative and service-oriented individual to develop, maintain and enhance web and library systems and applications to deliver a user-centred search, discovery and delivery experience. Reporting to the Discovery and Technology Librarian, the successful candidate will also manage the library website and support the day-to-day operations of the Library. He or she will be part of a lean team, working collaboratively to deliver information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
Develop, maintain and enhance web and library systems and applications to deliver a user-centred search, discovery and delivery experience. Manage the library website and support the day-to-day operations of the Library. Work collaboratively with staff to deliver information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
- Administer, enhance and troubleshoot the Library’s systems and applications for faculty, staff and students.
- Manage in-house and outsourced projects.
- Work closely with staff and vendors to configure and integrate enterprise systems as well as third-party software with the Library’s systems and applications.
- Maintain documentation for the Library’s systems and applications.
- Evaluate and explore emerging technologies, practices and trends in information technology and make recommendations for adoption.
- Lead and/or participate in library initiatives and projects.
- Provide training and library services as required.
- Engage in continuous development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Perform covering duties and other departmental or organisational accountabilities as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML and SQL is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with SaaS solutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge of web application prototype, design, development, testing, implementation and support, i.e. full SDLC.
- Excellent organisational, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in an evolving work environment.
- Ability to apply user-centred design methodologies and usability principles.
- Keen interest in library as well as new and emerging web trends and technologies.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Fresh graduates are welcome.