(2 March 2018) This event is organized by the RDA Board. It will be held at the National Library of Malaysia, 232 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur.
Join the conference for a full-day event focused on RDA, and looking particularly at the ways in which RDA is evolving to accommodate the needs of cataloguing communities around the world.
There will be RDA experts presenting on topics such as the restructure and redesign of the RDA Toolkit, how RDA governance has changed to ensure dialogue with all regions and language communities of the globe, case studies of RDA implementation in different geographical regions, optimizing cataloguing data for the linked data environment.
There will be formal presentations and opportunities to talk with those who have already implemented RDA. It is a good opportunity to hear about the latest developments as well as consult with colleagues about RDA implementation.
Who should attend?
- Anyone from libraries that have not yet adopted RDA as their cataloguing standard — you will hear case studies from those who have – what worked and what didn’t?
- Existing, new and prospective users of the RDA Toolkit will receive a live demonstration of the new Toolkit after the 3R Project
- Library decision-makers who want to know how RDA is evolving to accommodate international users, from practical issues of facilitating translation to complex issues of different descriptive practices
- National libraries who want to be involved at the national, regional and international level in the governance of RDA
- Library professionals interested in innovative ways of reusing cataloguing data in a linked data environment
- Library skills trainers interested in delivering RDA training
The announcement is here.