The data file is a snapshot of all information on ORCID records as of early October 2017, that has a visibility setting of Everyone – one of three visibility options that ORCID record-holders can use to determine who can access the data on their record:
- Everyone: Information marked as everyone can be viewed by anyone who comes to the orcid.org website or consumed by anyone using the ORCID public API
- Trusted parties: Information marked as trusted parties can be seen by any trusted parties (organizations or individuals) that you have authorized to connect to your ORCID record
- Only me: this information may only be seen by you
This year’s data file includes publicly available information on close to four million ORCID records, including:
- 22m+ works
- 290k+ awards
- 130k+ peer review items
- 1.7m+ education affiliations
- 1.4m+ employment affiliations
- 428k+ other names
- 758k+ person identifiers
- 500k+ researcher URLs
- ~50k email addresses
More information about OECID public data file use policy can be found here.
In the spirit of openness, please share your projects and results with ORCID.
The announcement in full is here.