(1 Mar 2023) Research, and how it is conducted, is ever-changing and requires those that are tasked in its support to also keep up-to-date in Research Data Management, Open Access and Open Science in general. OpenAIRE’s train-the-trainer bootcamps aim at empowering trainers with the knowledge and the know-hows of Open Science so they can pass it onto the researchers and students themselves, and ultimately help create a more open, transparent and accessible research ecosystem.
- develop an in-depth understanding of Open Science, Open Data, Data Management Plans (DMPs), Open Access publishing, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Horizon Europe requirements, OpenAIRE services, and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC);
- improving the skills to effectively communicate and teach these concepts to researchers, research support, students or any other stakeholders;
- get familiar with various tools and software that support best practices in Open Science;
- build confidence and gain the competencies to handle challenging questions;
- foster a community of trainers by providing a platform for networking and collaboration.
Who should attend
Librarians, data stewards, research support staff or any other professional stakeholders who are planning to deliver Open Science training to researchers, research support staff and/or students.
This is an intermediate-level course. You should have, at the very least, some basic knowledge of the state-of-the-art, including awareness around research data management topics and have an intermediate knowledge of Open Access publishing.
Geographically, there are no restrictions and we welcome applicants from beyond Europe! But please note that some of the topics might be more Euro-centric.
Only 20 applicants will be selected for the intensive 5-day course, where participants will be encouraged to interact and collaborate with their peers during and after the course.
– Deadline for applications: 02 April 2023
– Results announcement: 17 April 2023
– Bootcamp: 22-26 May 2023
For more details and to register, go here.