(20 Jan 2022) The 98-year-old National Library was built in 1924 by the French-colonial government in Indochina. In 1954 – after Cambodia gained independence from France – the library was renamed from the Central Library to the National Library of Cambodia (NLC).
Currently, the library has over 120,000 books, sastra and palm leaf manuscripts, documents and legal and administrative records for Cambodia and Indochina.
The [Phnom Penh] Post interviewed Khlot Vibolla, director of the National Library and deputy director of the Books and Reading Department under the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts, about the history, management and development of the library and the important roles it plays.
Read more from the original news report here.