(13 Apr 2020) From National Library of Australia:
The Library is evolving to meet the demands of the 21st century, with a recent review providing a blueprint for building a modern, sustainable and high functioning organisation now complete.
There are exciting opportunities available to join the Library’s small leadership team to help implement our vision and create new ways of working together across a range of disciplines.
As a world leading library, the National Library of Australia offers an innovative and collaborative workplace where exceptional people leaders and technical specialists can flourish. You will be given an opportunity to drive organisational reform, working collaboratively to shape the Library’s future.
We are looking for Directors (Executive Level 2) who demonstrate our Business and Leadership Functions (insert hyperlink), uphold the APS and Library Values, and have extensive functional leadership experience in the following professional areas:
- Collaboration services, strategy and programs (digitisation, incubating new services and programs, digital platforms (e.g. Trove), relationship and business partnership management).
- Collecting services, strategy and programs (rights management, acquisition, collection care, curatorial and discovery, and collaborative library programs).
- Corporate services, strategy and programs (capital works, facilities management and security, human resources, governance, finance and Program Management Office).
- Digital services, strategy and programs (technology strategy, planning, operations and service delivery including internal software development; infrastructure development and systems administration; data strategy and management; workflow, productivity and collaboration tools; digital library operations).
- Engagement services, strategy and programs (exhibition management, communication, education, reader services, Indigenous programs, and fellowships/scholarships).
In some cases you will establish a new service or function, in others you will be assuming responsibility of an existing function leading innovation and practice improvement. Adaptability, strategic thinking and high level leadership skills will be key to your success.
With current vacancies across a range of disciplines, a number of positions will be filled immediately. A merit pool will also be established and used where possible to fill similar vacancies during the subsequent 12 months. Open a new chapter in your career and apply now.
Further information can be found in the EL2 Information Pack on the Library’s website.
The role of the National Library of Australia, as defined by the National Library Act 1960, is to ensure that documentary resources of national significance relating to Australia and the Australian people, as well as significant non-Australian library materials, are collected, preserved and made accessible either through the Library itself or through collaborative arrangements with other libraries and information providers.
The Library has three strategic priorities:
- We collect today what will be important tomorrow
- We connect with communities, and connect communities with their national collections
- We collaborate with others to maximise the national impact of cultural collections.
Executive Level 2 – $121,592 – $144,445 + 15.4% Superannuation
Applications must address the selection criteria and be received via the Library’s online recruitment system by 11.30pm (AEST) Sunday, 19 April 2020.
The original post is here.