(16 October 2014) 2012-2013 statistical report for Australian public libraries gives a snapshot of the services and resources provided by public libraries, and their usage.
- Australia had 1515 public library service points, with 1439 fixed point libraries and 76 mobile libraries
- more than 7 out of 10 public libraries were open for more than 30 hours each week
- almost 174 million items were lent to 10 million library members
- libraries received over 112 million customer visits annually, or more than 9 million per month
- almost 40 million items (1.7 items per person) were made available for the use of the community and over $128 million was spent on ensuring that these collections remain up to date and relevant.
The report also shows positive gains in overall funding over the past 4 years.
More statistics and findings here.