(11 Apr 2022) JST, the Japan Science & Technology Agency, has revised its policy on Open Access to research publications and research data management and published on 1 April, 2022.
JST developed “JST Policy on Open Access” in 2013 and “JST Policy on Open Access to Research Publications and Research Data Management” in 2017 to promote Open Science to research results stemming from research projects funded by JST (hereinafter referred to as “research projects”). In 2022, JST revised “Policy on Open Access to Research Publications and Research Data Management” to reflect both the domestic and international situation and for the further promotion of Open Science.
In summary, the revised policy suggests:
- All research publications should be openly available within 12 months of publication
- The openly available version of the publication can be its final accepted peer-reviewed manuscripts and other relevant submitted versions publicly and is available by depositing them in an institutional repository or other relevant mechanisms
- A data management plan should be developed and submitted to JST before the research project begins
- research data should be made openly available in general
- metadata of research data should be created
The revised policy in English can be accessed here.