(Jan 2023) The IFLA Academic and Research Libraries Section (ARL), with generous sponsorship by Ex Libris and SAGE, is offering SIX (6) Attendance Grants for the 2023 World Library and Information Congress in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Two awardees will be selected from each of these regions:
- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific region
What does the Attendance Grant Cover?
Each grant covers the early registration fee of Euro 580.00. The Attendance Grant will also provide support for travel and/or accommodation of up to Euro 850.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance. Please see the Conference website for further details about the Congress.
- The applicant must be a paid-up member of his/her national library association.
- The applicant must be willing to share their experience at the IFLA Congress with their national library association.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
- Those who have previously received this Grant (formerly known as Essay Contest) are not eligible to apply again.
- The applicant must declare that he/she/they have the ability to attend the conference and are not being prevented to travel to The Netherlands. They should also declare that they apply in full knowledge of COVID restricting policies issued by either their country or institution (if applicable).
Application must be received by 6 March 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Find out more here.