(9 Jun 2022) The 7th World Conference on Research Integrity (WCRI) was held in Cape Town, South Africa, from May 29 to June 1, 2022. The event brought together important stakeholders, including researchers, organization leaders, national and international policymakers, funders, and journals across all disciplines. This year’s theme was “Fostering Research Integrity in an Unequal World.”
The program centered around topics such as the following:
- What types of ethical challenges researchers face
- How to foster research integrity in different situations
- How to support and empower global researchers
- How to promote innovative research integrity education
- How to promote diversity, equity, and fairness in academia
Here’s a brief overview of some key discussion points.