(16 June 2015) The State Library of Queensland hosted a series of NSLA meetings in May. The Heritage Collections Forum ran over two days with around thirty delegates from NSLA libraries taking part in workshops and presentation sessions. Subjects under discussion included:
- how to improve digitisation workflows for large collections
- the importance of metadata for discoverability of our archival collections online
- digital scholarship – the needs and expectations of scholars today
- the complexities of copyright law and takedown policies for libraries
- managing Indigenous collections and permissions processes
- appraisal and significance assessment
- promoting our archival collections
The forum closed with a session to agree upon priorities for collaborative work by the new Heritage Collections Project. The project group will include representatives from all ten NSLA libraries.
Presentations and short video excerpts from the forum are available.
A lot more detail is in the full announcement.