(13 June 2018) Are you attending the IFLA 2018 World Library and Information Congress?
JOIN US ON: August 23, 2018, for a day-long text mining workshop for librarians hosted by the IFLA Social Science Libraries Satellite Meeting. Come and Learn more about digital humanities methods and text mining?
Here are some of the exciting things you can expect to learn and become familiar with during this session:
- Building a corpus of texts in a HTRC Workset, and using it to conduct text analysis on your collection of works;
- Gathering data through web scraping;
- Cleaning data, dirty OCR, and clean OCR;
- Using Python for text mining;
- Topic modeling and other approaches for text analysis.
Date & Time: August 23, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. All are encouraged to attend, and no experience is necessary!
Location: Dr. Abdul Latiff Library at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia)
Seating will be limited, so please register at: https://htrc-ddrf-ifla.eventbrite.com/
Updates and room directions will be sent to registrants just prior to the event date, and you can visit http://teach.htrc.illinois.edu/ for information about the workshops.
Questions: Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
The announcement is here.