(31 May 2021) About this job:
Under broad direction, the Senior Librarian (Policy & Analytics) will support the Office of the Library Director with policy and strategic advisory as well as analytics support for University decision making.
The incumbent will also contribute to Library services through the development and implementation of evidence-based, effective library wide approaches, policies, briefings, reporting, coordination activities and risk mitigation measures.
The position is responsible for initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating policy development and implementation strategies, programs, services and projects which positively contribute to the Library operations. The position works within and across multiple teams providing expert advice on analytics and policy matters to ensure that Library services are consistent with, and contribute to, the University’s strategic agenda and outcomes.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Senior Librarian (Policy & Analytics) will be accountable for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of evidence-based, effective Library wide approaches, policies and risk mitigation measures, including through enhanced integration and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Formulating, planning, coordinating and evaluating University wide engagement relating to the development, review and evaluation of library policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Undertaking research, consultation and data analysis, and preparation of a range of high level, succinct and timely briefings and reports to inform the development and evaluation of policies, initiatives, resource provision and system strategies.
- Contributing to strategic direction advice for Library decision making.
- Coordinating library contributions to local, national and international data collections, including the annual CAUL survey responses
- Contributing strategically to relevant Library committees.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge relevant to the role by attending and contributing to appropriate meetings/workshops and participating in professional networks.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Postgraduate degree from a higher education institution in library and information science or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Proven ability to work through complex issues to develop evidence-based approaches and advice, preferably using agile and contemporary policy development approaches.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with Strong organisational skills and proven ability to prioritise.
- Experience working in collaborative policy development environments with proven skills in assisting in policy development and implementation skills.
- High level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create a range of innovative and persuasive communication products.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and manage collaborative partnerships in an academic environment and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating digital learning objects and data repositories.
- Capacity to analyse, interpret and apply relevant compliance guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to exercise sound judgement, to take initiative and to be flexible.
- Experience working in a higher education institution (desirable).
- Eligibility for Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (desirable).
For application enquiries please contact: Mr Prashant Pandey
The job description in full can be found here.