(31 Mar 2022) About this job:
Under broad direction, the Senior Librarian (Research Engagement) supports the Colleges and the Research activities of the University by proactively engaging with the Colleges. The Senior Librarian (Research Engagement) works collaboratively with the Research Engagement team to develop and maintain a sustainable suite of Library support services.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Proactively engaging with academic staff, higher degree research students and relevant stakeholders to ensure they are fully informed of and able to make use of Library resources and services for teaching, learning and research.
- Proactively engaging with colleagues in Information and Digital Services and other areas to identify new and emerging technologies that assist the research, learning and teaching needs and improve library services.
- Identifying innovations, improvements and resources that the Library may initiate to better serve College research activities.
- Representing the Library at relevant College and University committees and meetings, including after-hours.
- Providing advice and referral to research data management services, open access services, publication identifier services and author identifier resources.
- Providing advice and support regarding researcher publication metrics at the College, Research Group and individual level.
- Providing advice and support for publishable systematic reviews, including high level searching, identifying where to publish and meeting journal requirements.
- Collaborating with the Academic Engagement team to plan, design, deliver and evaluate user-centred, scalable and sustainable programs that support skills development relevant to higher degree research students and early career researchers such as literature reviews, systematic reviews, research data management, open access and metrics.
- Contributing to College accreditation and reviews processes and preparing Library impact statements for new and revised courses.
- Leading designated projects and contribute to strategies that support University and Library priorities related to research.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Applications Close: 24 Apr 2022
The full job description is here.