(15 Feb 2021) About the job:
Key Position Responsibilities
The Associate Librarian, Content and Digital Library Strategy will be accountable for:
- Leading and managing the teams in the Library who support resources, content and digital library infrastructure to align with the University’s strategic plan and Library plans. Ensuring that the teams provide and develop appropriate resources and collections in line with the University’s teaching, learning and research strategies and the Library’s collecting guidelines. Working with the Library Senior Executive to
- Managing the Library budget with a special focus on collection acquisitions budget.
- Contributing to the development of Library plans and policies.
- Leading the digital transformation in the Library.
- Ensuring library is compliant with University policies and legislations.
- Ensuring sustainable workforce supporting University ethos and values.
- Leading staff in the development and delivery of metadata standards, integration and practice to enable discovery of scholarly resources. Ensuring the teams manage infrastructure and services to underpin the provision of high-quality information services that meet the needs of students, teachers and researchers, both on and off campus.
- Leading, building and maintaining collaborative partnerships with relevant library vendors and peers in other Australian universities.
- Making a major contribution to the development of Library plans, policies and budget.
- Representing the Library on appropriate University and external committees and working groups. Deputise for the Director of Library Services as needed.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Relevant University degree and eligibility for Associate membership of ALIA.
- High level commitment to the service ethic and the demonstrated ability to lead an effective service organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff, including the ability to foster effective continuous improvement, to manage resources and to meet project deadlines.
- Substantial relevant professional and management experience in an academic or research library and a knowledge of current university library management trends.
- Strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to apply these through planning, policy analysis and implementation.
- Demonstrated High level and influential written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of, and interest in, the developments in scholarly communication and understanding of consortia agreements, transformative publishing and open access publishing trends.
- Demonstrated commitment to the library ethos and values; and an understanding of issues confronting academic libraries and Australian Universities.
- Extensive experience and current knowledge of trends and developments in information and communication technology and how libraries can apply these developments.
Applications Close 11:59 pm, 15 Mar 2021
See the full job description and apply here.