(Sep 2021) About the online event:
Following the postponement of International Data Week to June 2022 (hybrid and onsite in Seoul, Republic of Korea), it was decided to hold Virtual SciDataCon 2021 with a series of sessions from Mon 18 October to Thu 28 October. The following themes will be covered:
- FAIR: interoperability and reusability
- Implementing and Assessing FAIR
- Policy Implementation (Open Science and FAIR)
- Data Skills
- Data Stewardship
- Data Centres and Repositories
- Research Infrastructures
- Global Open Science Clouds, Platforms and Commons
- Data for the Sustainable Development Goals and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Data in Cross-Domain Research
- Data in the Earth Sciences
- Strategic Discussions about CODATA and WDS Initiatives
Sessions are organised in regular slots at 07:00-08:30 UTC, 11:00-12:30 UTC, 13:00-14:30 UTC and 16:00-17:30 UTC.
Please consult the programme at https://www.scidatacon.org/virtual-2021/programme/ for further detail on the programme for each day.
All the accepted sessions may be conveniently viewed at https://www.scidatacon.org/virtual-2021/sessions/
Registration will be free and will be available shortly.