(8 Jan 2024) This report focuses on the workforce, cultural, and technological shifts for seven macro trends that are continuing or emerging in higher education in 2024. Across these three areas of shift, we report the major impacts and steps that institutions are taking in response to each trend. Many of the trend topics and issues remain consistent with the 2023 Higher Education Trend Watch.
2024 Top trends are:
- Increasing need for data security and protection against threats to personal privacy
- Demand for continued hybrid and remote work arrangements
- More calls for data-informed decision-making and reporting
- More attention to well-being and mental health
- Increased efforts towards creating equitable and inclusive environments and experiences
- Growing efforts towards digital transformation and institutional resilience
- Increased focus on improving hybrid and online learning
Read the full report here.