(30 Jan 2020) Charles Sturt University is hiring Senior Client Services Librarian –
- 1x Continuing, Full Time (Bathurst)
- 1x Fixed term (until December 2020), Full time (Wagga Wagga)
- $77,653 to $84,033 pa (plus superannuation)
Working directly with the University’s academic staff and higher degree researchers you will provide advanced, high level information and library services to support learning, teaching, and research strategies.
The role also offers an opportunity to further develop individual leadership capability by taking an active role in mentoring, leading, and guiding junior members of staff to deliver on divisional outcomes and work objectives.
To be successful you will have:
- A degree in Library and Information Science with relevant experience or equivalent level of knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Demonstrated experience using online information resources and computer skills, and ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and networks to achieve strategic and operational goals
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Division of Library Services supports the University’s ethos of ‘yindyamarra winhanga-nha – ‘the wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in. We provide high quality information services and resources to support students, staff, and all members of the University campuses and its communities. We aspire to excellence in the provision of innovative library services delivered online and on-campus.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Helen Hobbs | Director, Client Services | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph: 02 6933 4256
Closing Date: 11 pm, 16 February 2020
The job description is here.