(22 Jan 2022) We are pleased to announce the 1st session of the 2022 LAS-NLB Professional Sharing (Online). We invite you to present and/or participate in this webinar.
Date: Fri, 1 April 2022
Time: 2–5 pm
Venue: Virtual meeting (link to be shared later)
You are cordially invited to share projects or initiatives to transform the services, operations, or management strategies at your library to prepare for future challenges and opportunities. You may wish to consider the topics below but do feel free to present on other topics of interest as well.
Main Theme: Advancing the Librarian’s Leadership Role in the New Information Age
- Providing Lifelong Learning across Space and Time and Technology in the New Knowledge Age
- Creating Knowledge-Based Policies
- Creating Collaborative Relationships
- Research Data Management
- Big Data and Data mining
- Semantic web and Linked Data
- Digital conservation and preservation
- Metadata Interoperability and Standards
- Digital Repositories
- Development in Open Source Technologies
- Knowledge Management
- Trends in Digitization and Archiving
- Sustainability is the future
- Libraries role in making sustainable future
You can participate in the Professional Sharing Session by:
- Presenting: Submit your abstract for a 15 min presentation. Click to submit.
- Participating: Listen, learn and participate in the discussion. Register here.
Key Dates for Presenters
- 28 February 2022: [Last Day for] submission of abstract
- 4 March 2022: Decision notification
- 11 March 2022: Last Day for submission of presentations and related materials
- 18 March 2022: Rehearsal
- 1 April 2022: Professional Sharing Session
Everyone is welcome to submit a presentation proposal. For enquiries, please contact the Training & Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Library Association of Singapore