(13 Nov 2023) The Mortenson Center for International Library Programs Associates Program is excited to offer its 2024 Associates Program with the theme: Transforming Libraries: New Roles and Impact “ on 3 June – 26 June 2024 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The 2024 program will offer individuals working in a library and/or information services setting outside the United States an opportunity to explore critical issues and current trends in the library field and to engage with librarians implementing cutting-edge programs and services.
Transforming Libraries: New Roles and Impact – A Professional Development and Leadership Program for Library and Information Science (LIS) Professionals will engage participants in learning about novel and inventive practices and services in areas such as:
- User-centered Services
- Sustainable Development
- Emerging Trends and Technologies
- Leadership, Communication and Managing Change
- Library Assessment and Impact
- Digital and Print Collections and Repositories
- Multiple literacies
- International Professional Networking
Limited opportunities for Funding Available – Click here to Apply.
2024 Program Highlights:
- Seminars and Workshops which provide an overview of current trends in the field. Library experts will be invited to share their perspectives, offer expertise, and foster conversations on the themes of communication and leadership.
- Tours of a variety of libraries, including academic, public, and school libraries. We may also visit the American Library Association headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, and other sites of interest.
- Networking with a dynamic group of international colleagues during and post-program.
- Participants will develop individual action plans appropriate to their professional and institutional needs and will receive post-program implementation review.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Program Participation upon completion.
- Scheduling to allow participants to attend the Annual Meeting of the American Library Association (ALA), if they wish. The 2024 Annual Conference will be held in San Diego, California, June 27- July 1, 2024. Arrangements and registration for the conference must be made separately and are not included in program costs.
Applications for the Associates Program are open and due on: 8 December 2023