(20 January 2016) The World Library and Information Congress: 82th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, 13-19 August 2016, Columbus, Ohio, United States, is calling for papers with the theme User Experience (UX) and Social Science Libraries in the Digital Age
Possible topics relevant to the program theme might explore:
• Formal and informal practices reconfiguring social science library operations addressing user experience
• Open access initiatives and institutional repositories
• Use of social media and Web 2.0 as new channels to connect with stakeholders
• Dynamic online collections and its impact on library operations
• Hiring practices and capacity building
• New areas of growth for the social science libraries; for example collaboration between libraries and government development initiatives.
• New literacies for social sciences
• Archival issues of social media
The detailed announcement is here.
Some national professional associations may be able to help fund certain expenses, and a small number of grants for conference may be available at: http://www.ifla.org/funds-grants-awards