(6 Dec 2019) The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university. It has with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), with over 5,000 full-time students and 200 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK is a residential institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. Our aim is to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring attitude, moral values and social responsibilities.
The University now invites application for the following position: Associate Librarian – Library (Ref: AssoL (LIB) 2019-12-06)
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Library is seeking an Associate Librarian who is enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative to lead and oversee the acquisition and description of library collections, access and management of library resources and information systems. The Associate Librarian will provide vision, direction, and leadership on strategic planning, budget, policy development and assessment in support of the Library and University missions
- provide vision, direction and leadership in the formulation of library strategic planning, policies and guidelines;
- oversee Library collections including budget planning and management, collection development and assessment, acquisition and description of library collections, job standards establishment and quality assurance;
- oversee the development and operations of Library systems including library integrated system, access management and discovery tools;
- prepare timely reports, financial and statistical analysis to support decision making;
- advocate for library initiatives, develop and maintain collaborative relations with library stakeholders; and
- lead special projects, supervise subordinates and serve on library-wide committees and task forces.
- possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 7 years of experience at supervisory level in academic libraries;
- have solid working experience in library operations and management in collection development, technical services and/or library information systems, etc.;
- have excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks;
- be familiar with current library profession trends, applications of advanced technology, theories and best practices for the delivery of user services in academic libraries;
- have the ability to work in a collegial environment to provide excellent library services.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Office, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 5 January 2020. Please indicate the post applied for and mark ‘Application – Confidential’ and the reference number on the cover. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in this exercise.
Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The announcement can be found here.