(30 December 2015) The College invites applications for Associate Librarian – Library (Ref: AsoL (LIB) 2016-01-08).
- provide vision and leadership in the formulation of library policies and strategic planning;
- participate in the overall management of the Library including managing budget, establishing job standards and supervising subordinates;
- prepare timely reports, financial and statistical analysis to support decision making;
- advocate library initiatives, develop and maintain collaborative relations with library stakeholders;
- contribute to the ongoing library development and lead special projects; and
- serve on library-wide committees, task forces and teams.
- possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 7 years of experience at supervisory level in academic libraries;
- have working experience in library management with demonstrated potential for leading transformational change;
- have knowledge of library profession trends, theories and best practices for the delivery of user services;
- have the ability to work independently with initiative as well as a member of a team; and
- have excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, on weekends and public holidays. Candidates with work experience in the tertiary education sector will be an advantage.
Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 29 January 2016. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please indicate the post applied for and mark ‘Application – Confidential’ and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence. The data collected will be used for recruitment purposes. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College (HSMC) was restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce and established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential college which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The announcement will be posted here.