(21 September 2015) Altmetric has a new free-to-download eBook resource, co-written by Scholastica and Altmetric: The Evolution of Impact Indicators: From bibliometrics to altmetrics
As scholarly workflows and academic communication patterns evolve to meet the needs of today’s digital researcher, a huge shift in the way we think about and identify indicators of broader impacts is taking place.
This eBook provides an overview of the ongoing changes in the impacts and metrics landscape, and offers a handy guide for any journal editor or researcher interested to learn more about the latest developments in the area – including what these new metrics are, and how they can be used in practice.
In this ebook you’ll find:
- The most common bibliometrics in use today and their strengths and limitations
- What altmetrics are: applications and misconceptions
- How journals and publishers of all sizes can benefit from tracking altmetrics
- How scholars can use altmetrics to find new ways to express the reach of their work
- Projections for the future of research impact indicators
Read the full announcement and download the eBook here.