(23 February 2015) INASP’s Journals Online (JOL) project has announced the winners of its 2015 grants. These grants are awarded to editors from the JOL project who want to improve the editorial processes of their journal/s.
Each of the successful grant recipients will receive USD3,150 to cover the expenses for conducting a workshop or event on a topic related to the improvement of the journal quality and/or editorial processes of the journals included on the INASP JOLs.
This year’s winners in Asia are:
- Arun Neopane of the Nepal Paediatric Society, who will attend “Training for Medical Journal Editors” in Lalitpur, Nepal in March 2015
- Dr. B.J.C.Perera of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians, who will attend “An interactive workshop on compliance with International Publication Standards” in Uswetakeiyawa, Sri Lanka in June 2015
- Dr. Bharat Raj Subba of Birat Campus: School of Science and Technology, who will attend “Workshop on improving NepJOL Journal Quality and Publishing” in Biratnagar, Nepal in June 2015
- Khawaja Muhammed Sultanul Aziz of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS), who will attend “Training for compliance with international publishing standards” in Dhaka, Bangladesh in October 2015
- Md. Abdullah Yusuf of National Institute of Neurosciences & Hospital, who will attend “Workshop on Writing, Submission and Reviewing of Scientific Papers in BanglaJOL for Clinicians” in Dhaka, Bangladesh in August 2015
- Rajeev Shrestha of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences, who will attend “Capacity building for reviewing process of scientific writing in Nepali Journal” in Kathmandu, Nepal in June 2015
The announcement is here.