(18 January 2019) The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) (formerly Hang Seng Management College), now invites applications for the following position:
Associate Librarian – Library (Ref: AssoLib (LIB) 2019-01-18)
- provide vision, direction and leadership in the formulation of library strategic planning, policies and guidelines;
- oversee Library collections including budget planning and management, collection development and assessment, acquisition and description of library collections, job standards establishment and quality assurance;
- oversee the development and operations of Library systems including library integrated system, access management and discovery tools;
- prepare timely reports, financial and statistical analysis to support decision making;
- advocate for library initiatives, develop and maintain collaborative relations with library stakeholders; and
- lead special projects, supervise subordinates and serve on library-wide committees and task forces.
- possess a recognized degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 7 years of experience at supervisory level in academic libraries;
- have working experience in library operations and management in collection development, technical services and/or library information systems, etc;
- have excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks;
- be familiar with current library profession trends, applications of advanced technology, theories and best practices for the delivery of user services in academic libraries; and
- have the ability to work in a collegial environment to provide excellent library services.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary by email to email@example.com or by post to Human Resources Office, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 10 February 2019. Please indicate the post applied for and mark ‘Application – Confidential’ and the reference number on the cover.
For more further details, refer to the original post from HSUHK.