(9 June 2017) Hang Seng Management College, Hong Kong is hiring an Associate Librarian.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic planning and formulation of policies for the library user-centered services;
- Develop and implement innovative approaches for effective scholarly communication, instruction activities, reference and access services;
- Evaluate and develop library outreach and public services strategies;
- Cultivate strong liaison relationships with faculty to design library instruction classes and develop information literacy programmes in academic curriculum;
- Prepare timely reports, financial and statistical analysis to support decision making; and
- Serve on library-wide committees and lead special projects.
- possess a recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent);
- have at least 7 years of experience at supervisory level in academic libraries;
- have working knowledge in developing scholarly communication programmes, information literacy skills, library services and outreach;
- have knowledge of library profession trends, theories and best practices for the delivery of innovative user services;
- have the ability to work independently with initiative as well as a member of a team; and
- have excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The full job description and application details are here. Applications are accepted until 25 June 2017.