(23 Sep 2019) About the grant:
The deadline to submit proposals is December 1, 2019. Individuals or organizations can apply. Find details and apply online.
The Medical Library Association (MLA) has established the MLA Librarians without Borders® / Elsevier Foundation/ Research4Life Grants for 2016 to 2021. Funded by the Elsevier Foundation, up to five awards per year will support HINARI/Research4Life training activities that promote the use of the programs’ scientific research resources in emerging/low income countries.
Applicants are not required to be members of the MLA.
The grants will benefit the users in the eligible countries as these individuals will obtain skills to effectively and efficiently use the HINARI/Research4Life resources and become a training resource for their institutions or country.
This grant is an expansion of the Elsevier Foundation funded Librarians without Borders®/E-library Training Initiative that has conducted HINARI/Research4Life training activities and developed/updated training material since January 2007. The MLA objective is to develop a community of librarians that will continue to support HINARI/Research4Life training and related development of instructional material.
Examples of possible proposals include:
- Conduct workshops either as co-teacher with current E-library Training Initiative coordinator or at an institution where the applicant/organization has ties or currently is employed
- Organize and teach Research4Life distance learning courses for specific audiences
- Organize a regional U.S. based workshop for information specialists interested in HINARI/Research4Life activities and/or researchers, faculty or students from institutions that have linkages with Research4Life registered organizations.
- Create a new training module, distance learning course or training video or develop other distance learning formats.
- Increase mechanisms for promoting/marketing of HINARI & Research4Life programs and their training resources
- Develop measurement tools regarding outcomes of training activities
For further information including eligibility, terms, and application checklist please visit the MLA Librarians without Borders® / Elsevier Foundation/ Research4Life Grants website.
The original news can be found here.