(26 January 2017) The Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is one of Victoria’s largest library networks covering some 5,500 square kilometres providing library and heritage services to people living in urban, rural and coastal areas. The service includes a central library, the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 15 community libraries, two mobile libraries and a Community Library Service. With a commitment to ongoing professional development and a dynamic workplace, GRLC provides opportunities for a highly satisfying and fulfilling career.
The position objectives are:
- Ensure the GLHC fulfils its role as an iconic cultural landmark for local, national and overseas visitors, councils, representatives of other libraries and cultural institutions.
- Develop and deliver a diverse range of exceptional, contemporary, community focussed services and customer experiences befitting the GLHC, an award winning major learning and cultural institution.
- Lead, develop and coach individuals and capable teams to deliver exemplary services and programmes optimising customer and visitor experiences at the GLHC.
- Monitor and review all elements of service delivery and implement change to ensure exemplary services which respond to evolving customer and visitor needs and expectations.
- Develop, review and implement policies, procedures, and systems which underpin the delivery of customer service excellence.
- Develop and promote partnerships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders to optimise the market potential, reach and delivery of services for library users and visitors.
- Ensure the GLHC’s presentation is optimised to provide a physical space which sustains its iconic status and provides a supportive, safe, inclusive community space for customers, visitors and staff.
The ALIA website has the full details.
Applications close 26 Sunday 2017.